Students to David Newman-Whites classes come from a wide range of demographic backgrounds and artistic experience. Some are already accomplished artists, wishing to further their skills; perhaps to the point where earning a living from their art becomes a possible dream.
At the other end of the spectrum are students with little prior experience. Indeed many of David’s students over the years have had no prior experience of figure drawing whatsoever. Newcomers to drawing are often assailed by self-doubt: “what if I have no talent?” “Will I be judged an artistic failure?”
If you are having these feelings be assured that there is no such thing as ‘no talent’ or ‘artistic failure’.
In a warm and supportive atmosphere; whether a beginner, a practiced artist or an advanced artist, you will gain new skills:
- Acquire a knowledge of anatomy of the face and access to resources to take that knowledge from basic to an advanced level with further study.
- Develop a better knowledge of the proportion of the human face and how to measure to achieve that proportion accurately. With practice you will develop your knowledge and understanding of proportion to an advanced level.
- Develop a better understanding of how to use line to create form.
- Learn a greater understanding of tone and gradation of tone to achieve form in the human face.
- Learn how to turn form both through line and tone.
- Understand the keys to colour and how colour enhances form and how to use colour perspective.
Morning and afternoon teas are provided in addition to a lunch, utilising organic fresh produce from the local area (including from our own garden).
We cater for the special needs of vegans and vegetarians.
Course fee for the week-end workshop inclusive of materials and meals is: 497 for the week-end. Places are limited to small groups for maximum attention.
Lesley mob: 0410821274 or firstname.lastname@example.org